Leadership Training for Executives
Great leaders inspire their teams to accomplish more than they previously thought possible. Contrarily, many teams have managed to surpass their expectations, in spite of their leaders’ efforts. True leaders capitalize on high levels of self, and situational, awareness to motivate their teams to commit to achieving their visions.
Leaders can easily lose their awareness as pressures grind on them from every direction. As stress levels rise leaders are more likely fixate on their perspective, use parental communication techniques and become problem oriented. The Disciplined Listening Leadership Communication Method provides leaders with audience centric communication approaches designed to encourage all parties to protect their self-images, elicit more truthful information and inspire commitments to action.
The increasing speed of disruption and rise of competition require businesses to remain agile in order to survive. How leaders gather, synthesize, and present information has a significant effect on their ability to coach employees and inspire change. Embracing their employees’ motivations, fears and (especially) excuses, allows leaders to understand what their employees need to think and feel in order to commit to new challenges.
Disciplined Listening Method | Leadership Training
Investigative interviews are a white-hot microcosm of leadership. The best leaders and the best interrogators capitalize on the same two core skills – vision and influence. Certified Forensic Interviewers (CFI's) must execute their vision and influence their subjects to commit to telling the truth, often in the face of serious potential consequences. Similar to their experience in the interview room, InQuasive’s team understands that employees are often more motivated to protect their self-images than they are to commit to what their leaders ask of them.
Michael Reddington, CFI created the Disciplined Listening Negotiation Method to provide executives, business development professionals and HR professionals with the advantages they need to connect with their audiences, strengthen relationships, uncover new alternatives, and influence agreements. The Disciplined Listening Negotiation Method integrates current business communication research and best practices with the key components of four non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques to instill the skills necessary for all participants to activate the truth with the application of strategic, ethical persuasion techniques.
Every Disciplined Listening leadership communication training engagement is custom designed to integrate each clients' core beliefs, current challenges business goals and terminology. The key lessons are reinforced with custom case study reviews, group interactions, video reviews, participant handouts, practical applications and lecture. At the conclusion of this engagement all participants will walk away with new tools, perspectives and techniques including how to:
- Immediately improve team morale and performance with the Disciplined Listening Leadership Test
- Adopt a situational leadership style
- Execute situational conflict resolution approaches
- Capitalize on current trust research to increase team morale
- Answer two questions increase their empathy and emotional intelligence
- Capitalize on their perceived weaknesses to generate leadership communication strategies
- Accurately evaluate verbal and non-verbal communication for signals of acceptance and resistance
- Encourage their audience to protect their self-image
- Optimize objections to identify new alternatives
- Inspire commitment over compliance with the preferred persuasion techniques of Certified Forensic Interviewers
- Uncover critical information with the preferred questioning techniques of Certified Forensic Interviewers
- Consistently create commitments to new behavior patterns by applying Disciplined Listening Leadership Techniques
InQuasive's leadership training courses are specifically developed and facilitated for each client to assist with program implementation and increased takeaway value. Our commitment begins with our training programs and continues through supporting each attendee’s skills and confidence development.
Learn more about the philosophies and lessons behind Disciplined Listening on our blog.
To learn more about collaborating with InQuasive to create custom engagements and develop teams of Disciplined Listeners contact Michael Reddington, CFI at +1 (704) 256-7116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.